Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We May Be Smarter than We Think Wednesday!

Checkin' out Daredevil v1 #62 and #63:


I love how when you're a superhero, you are automatically extremely gifted in science. Mind you, Daredevil is an attorney in his day job. I can verify that if I'm ever able to isolate a drug (where the only sample is in my own bloodstream, no less) and develop an antidote, it would not be as a result of my education, training or experience. Either Matt has a hobby we've never seen before, or we must call shenanigans!



Sigh. I think we need to start keeping track of how many times criminals break free by getting their weapons handed to them while they're in custody.


I'd like to say this was an isolated incident and other law-enforcement types would have learned from this mistake, but we'll be seeing it again. A lot.


I love the Internet. I saw the song advertised in the comic, and saved myself a buck by listening to it along with many other superhero rock classics. Rock on!

6 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Lemme guess -- that's Foggy Nelson handing the weapons back to the bad guy, right? :-\

With friends like Foggy around ... *Sigh.*

Unknown said...

Linky no worky.

Adam Barnett said...

Sorry about the link problem... not sure what happened, but I've given a link to the host site where you'll find that along with another 19 classic (?) superhero tunes! Check out "Matter-Eater Lad"!

Christine Hanefalk said...

Well, didn't you know Daredevil was a master at everything?. Not only did he assemble that billy club will all the gadgets in it, he seemingly knew his way around every problem imaginable. Another favorite of mine is when he identifies the vegetation on Skull Island as being of a kind "such as Earth has never seen for millions of years!" in issue #12. How would he know that?

Then there's his habit of reminding the reader (or himself, it could be some weird inferiority complex) of everything he can do "better than a sighted man." I wonder what prevented Stan from putting interior design and surgery on that list? :)

Oh, and that Gladiator scene with Foggy totally cracks me up. "Don't try any funny business!" Yeah, right...

SallyP said...

Oh Foggy, your utter dimwittery is just so amusing. Never ever change.

Adam Barnett said...

Interesting that you would mention the "I can do everything better than a sighted man" riff that showed up in every issue at the time. In the letters column of #63, a reader actually complained that an issue went by that didn't mention Daredevil's blindness.... and the guy was serious! He felt that a new reader might not appreciate the awesomeness of Daredevil if he didn't know DD was blind.

This blog writes itself sometimes....