Friday, June 20, 2008

Icky-Wacky Floy-Floy Friday!

Yup... one short weekend away from what Adam deems the worst unintentionally bad comic ever extravaganza. Meanwhile, let's set the Wayback Machine to 1941 for a look at the seldom-seen All-Star Comics #2!


I've never understood why nets are so effective in stories. I mean, if you throw a towel over my chihuahua, she'll get out of it in less than four seconds. But for some reason, if you toss a net over a man with a ring capable of creating anything he can imagine (like green flaming buzzsaws), it'll stop him cold.


THAT.... is one large vase.

And now, the Sandman brings you Awkward Expository Dialogue Theater:



Not that I'm criticizing the Sandman, mind you. He was, bar none, the most badass hero of the Golden Age:


Yeah, he could've disarmed the guy, but why bother when you can make him blow his own brains out? That, my friends, is one bad dude.

As opposed to Hourman:


Okay, sidekicks! It's very important you keep the bad guys out of the cemetery! Unless they insist. I mean, if they insist, what can you do?

From the Spectre story:


I love how the worst of human behavior includes spanking your kid.

And here's something I don't see often enough:


I'm not sure what the ritual is for, but I'm grooving on the chant. Everyone to my place for an Icky-Wacky Floy-Floy Dance Party!

See ya Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to have to be the one to say this, but does that not look as though the guy in that second image just finished pleasuring himself behind that vase?

That Spectre tale looks surprisingly creepy.

SallyP said...

Yeah, that whole net thing bothers me too. Alan isn't even tangled up or anything. Unless...it's a WOODEN net.

Wesley shot a guy in the head? That seems a bit...harsh. And people complain about too much violence in modern comics!

Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, yeah -- what Sally said. If Alan's ring doesn't work against wood, does that weakness carry over to ALL plant materials, at least a little bit? If so, then being stopped by hemp-rope netting would make sense.