Friday, December 21, 2012

"I Can Solve this Murder More Quickly if I am Murdered Myself" and Other Questionable CSI Techniques

Okay, my lovelies, here's the deal: I am taking off for holiday vacay, so I'll be back on January 1st to ring in a new year!  I hope everyone has a great holiday season for faiths of all stripes!  Thanks again to everyone.  I'm still amazed that more folks are reading now than ever before, and that's so encouraging I can't even describe it.  Each and every one of you were a gift this year!

But before we say good-bye to 2012, let us finish up Pep Comics #6, starting with Sgt. (Effin') Boyle with some Fun with Out of Context Artwork! (tm!):


It's really funnier if I just kind of move on to the next thing, so I will.  Which means it's off to the Kayo Ward story and more Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)


"Tie me up?" "Get these clothes off?"

Kayo's lapse was going to prove disastrous indeed!  I'm not at all comfortable with where that's going.  It brings to mind Ned Beatty in Deliverance. 

Lastly and perhaps leastly, we have Bentley of Scotland Yard.

Okay, follow me.  John Baker peers into an open furnace and...


... okay, got it?  Remember that because it's important.

Keep it in mind as I make a totally unrelated joke:


Barney Reyman and John Baker both had a weakness for Disembodied Floating Heads (tm!).

Okay, back to the furnace thing.  Now his son does the exact same thing his father did and....


See the pattern here?


YA THINK, BENTLEY?

And then Bentley decides that the only way to learn their fate is to....


This is really not Bentley's finest hour.  Sadly, he survives.  As usual, things get way too wordy for me to learn who was doing what and why, but I'm sure it made more sense than sticking your face in a furnace.

And that's it for me, Dear Ones!  I'll see you January 1st!

No comments: