Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Quoth the Raven, "Never mind."

Taking a look at Pep Comics #35, we get this little tidbit from the Shield:


Deeply honored by a visit from Archie freakin' Andrews.  Yeah, I guess the writing was on the wall, because Archie would end up taking over Pep Comics before all was said and done.  I expect that the "big news" he had was that he needed to take measurements in the Shield's office.  I don't think any amount of sucking up by the Shield was going to help.

Anyhoo, here's this from the Hangman story:


Yes, for those of you paying attention, the Hangman is the guy who we saw fighting the Bullfrog not too long ago.  You can imagine where this is going.


Yes... it's exactly what you think it is.  Now pay attention to that picture above, because I'm going to be referring back to it in a moment.


Okay, I would have burst out laughing, but for whatever else you might say about the Hangman, he'd leave you with your dignity, no matter how silly you looked.


Okay, it's not as noticable here, but is appears that the Raven actually stands on the "tail feathers" part of his suit, not the actual legs with the talons.


See?  He has to be using his hands there, because he's running away in the next panel:


And while I'm not saying I would design anything that's any better,  he looks dang ridiculous when he's running away.  He just does.

But that leads me to that panel I mentioned up above.  Sooooooo... in that panel, he would have to be doing a handstand to pose that way.  And for that level of dedication, I salute you, Raven... but you're still too dang silly for me to not play the theme to The Muppet Show in my head whenever I see you.


Oh, yeah.  That's good stuff right there.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

It was the smoking man, wasn't it?