Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lovin' Love Tuesday!

Have you ever seen Eagle vs. Shark? It's an absolutely fantastic story of a loser girl who falls in love with an even bigger loser. Check it out and you'll be glad you did.

It kind of reminded me of another love story involving a mutant, an alien, and android. It goes a little something like this, courtesy of Avengers v1 #125-126:

The Vision made a compliment about Mantis to her boyfriend, the Swordsman. Since the Swordsman has a small weenie (why do he think he carries that sword?), he takes it that the Vision has the hots for Mantis. Mantis goes all drama queen:


But, as a woman, Mantis is interested in getting as much attention from as many different sources as she can:


This, of course, annoys the Scarlet Witch, who stares longingly at the Vision's Glamour Shot(tm!):


and she decides that since he is a male android, he is only as faithful as his options:


But Wanda is willing to fight for her man/appliance, so she gives herself a makeover, which consists of ditching that horrible tiara and nagging the Vision every chance she gets:


Take note, ladies! When your relationship is in trouble, nothing will bring your man closer to you than nagging. Use it early and often!

Oh, and there are other members of the Avengers, too:


For once, I agree with Captain America. This is Marvel's flagship team? I'm starting to look around for those last copies of U.S.1. Consider this my Valentine's Day salute to love, as well as a cautionary tale of allowing women in the workplace. (I keed, I keed)

See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Mike Reeves-McMillan said...

Unbelievable - Wanda actually looks worse without the tiara.

If someone had told me, I wouldn't have believed it.

Adam Barnett said...

It kinda reminded me of Wolverine's mask. You know, you wondered why it was such a weird shape, and then you realize it was designed around his hairstyle? Same diff.

FoldedSoup said...

That Vision bedside photo is just too awkward for words.

Think I'll make one. For my own bedside table. To, y'know, UP the awkward factor.

D.B. Echo said...

"Can't you see I'm trying to THINK? And next time, KNOCK before you come in the bathroom! Somebody might have FORGOTTEN to LOCK the DOOR!"

De said...

I think I saw a bird landing in Wanda's hair.

Tracer Bullet said...

As an android, I don't have to worry about "performance anxiety" or "recovery periods," so I'm going to off to plow every mildly attractive woman in the five boroughs. Thanks for the idea, Wanda!

Belvoir said...

There was always something creepy about Wanda marrying a man-sized androidildo.

And really, what was her excuse? His sparkling personality, his sense of humor, his thick luxuriant hair? Wanda has issues with men, clearly.

She could marry a walking non-human appliance 30 years ago, in comics meant for kids, but gay couples are denied recognition in most states. Tis pity.

Anonymous said...

Astonishing! It's almost as if comic books were written by male 30 something virgins who watch daytime soaps and only do laundry when their pants start getting crusty.

SallyP said...

Cat Fight time!

Ok, now all I can do, is hear Bones's voice in my head, from Star Trek, as I read that last panel with Capt. America.

Elie said...

Good thing for Cap he had that temporary super strength, snapping at Thor like that. He's lucky Thor didn't snap him - in half!