Monday, October 26, 2015

In Which Superman Just Gives Up and Takes His Own Powers Away


So, I'm reading Superman #201 and you'd think, what with this being the 201st issue, that this would be a start of a whole new era for the title.

You'd think.


Yes, Clark is cutting out the middleman and just putting himself in a situation where he has no powers.

But, to be fair, he first fights a giant forearm:



Okay, that's pretty awesome, but I'd think the creature would take a lot of eye injuries, considering the location and whatnot.

Anyway, Clark leaves Earth because of guilt over this:



Well, to be fair, the guy would have been a goner if he had stuck around because we all know that no one learns Superman's secret and lives.  The guy might not have been crushed a boulder, but he certainly would have fallen off something.  Something tall.

This was mildly interesting.  And by "mildly interesting," I mean "complete and utter shenanigans:"



So, Superman has lost his "super brain," but he's still able to create a fully functioning robot that borders on sentience.  Hmmph.

But the rest of the story is pretty consistent with what we expect to see in what is all-too-common plot device in Superman Comics:



Kromn would probably just say, "You mean I beat up Superman who didn't have his powers.  Wow, that puts me at a physical prowess level of Lex Luthor."

Finally:



You know, I did miss that issue and I've got to say that there have been times things didn't go just swimmingly for me.  I'm starting to see the connection.

See you tomorrow!


No comments: