Monday, November 18, 2013

Guns and Cocaine for Your Reading Enjoyment!

From Pep Comics #31, we have the second appearance of the Strangler.  It always puzzled me when, say, a German person would go with an English name, but even more puzzling is that the Strangler, much like Captain Swastika, wore regular trousers and shoes:


I mean, I don't know that the guy is a super-villain per se, but if you're going to put on the costume with the cape and the gloves and the big chest emblem, I'm just not following the pants and brown shoes decision.

UNLESS... he plans on wearing overcoats a lot.  That would make some sense, if he did that.

Which he didn't.  But that would still make sense.

Moving on to another installment of Well... There Ya Go! (tm!)



Well... There Ya Go! (tm!)

I vaguely remember Snowbird from an earlier ish, but I don't think I really appreciated the character.  Check this out:


Oh, we're not finished.  Keep going...


So, you're saying, "Adam, surely he's talking about snuff."

And when I don't answer, you'll break the awkward silence with...

"Um... isn't he?"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Exhibit "A"...


Yes... he said "dope."


Yes, I believe we're watching the Golden Age Comic Book version of Scarface.  Thanks for your dime, kids!

Wow.   Just... wow.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

YOW

MarvelX42 said...

Snowbird was prison cellmates with the Strangler.

Adam Barnett said...

Yeah, he was a cellmate in this story, too... but they made some reference to him being a stooge for some crime boss, and I didn't remember it at all. Then again, I don't remember where I parked my car this morning...

Buzz said...

"Sweet music and another wiff o' me favorite snow!"