Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't Fear the Reaper Wednesday!

I saw the ad for the Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe video game, and even though my gaming days are largely behind me, it sure was purty! I especially liked the choice of DC Characters - the first game where you can play Captain Marvel or the Joker gets love from me!

From World's Finest v1 #7:


Superman before the invention of Ritalin.
_________________________________

You know what we haven't had in a while? An induction into the Costume Hall of Shame.


Fresh from the cover of Avengers v1 #52, we have the Grim Reaper, because nothing makes you think of death like purple, magenta, orange and green... all at the same time! He quickly shucked those colors and went with an all-black number, but we'll never forget what the Embodiment of Death looked like in the late '60s. Far out, man!
______________________________________

Hey! It's time for Fun with Out of Context Dialogue!(tm!):


______________________________________

Dating discouraged between colleagues? Not in the Avengers! At least, not in Avengers v1 #46!


Okay, everyone's pairing up. We've got the Wasp and whatsisname, Hawkeye and the Black Widow.... oh! Hercules and the Scarlet Witch! Didn't see that one coming. Maybe he wants to see if he can wrest that thing off her head. And... Quicksilver and Captain America??!!

I knew it!
________________________________

Hey! It's time for a Bonus Installment of Fun with Out of Context Dialogue!(tm!)



Collect 'em all!

See you tomorrow!

14 comments:

C.M. Gonzalez said...

So Captain America spent the '60's sitting around reading "The Hobbit"?

FoldedSoup said...

"Grab my hand! There's a crevice over here!"

"I'll try, but I'm stuck in this crack!"

Gonna go drink now.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that make him the Festive Reaper?

Christian Zamora said...

C.M., you're not getting it. Captain American is gloating over his reading habits so Quicksilver goes all "wow" on him ;)

D.B. Echo said...

Oh, Quicksilver, the Man With No Patience For Sluggish Slowpokes, is going to love baseball.

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of impressed that the Reaper was able to off anyone without tripping over those, uh... trippy, far-out boot cuffs.

Is "boot cuffs" questionable in purity if used out of context ? If so, my most humble apologies.

Also, people can mock Jan all they want, but her "That Girl" ensemble is pretty damn cute. Nyah.

-- cleome45

Sea-of-Green said...

I'm just impressed that that entire Avengers love-fest was contained in only one panel!

Thomas Fummo said...

and so were all their individual love stories!

"Hank, not all of you is growing..."

"Wanna know how I got my name, Hawkeye?"

"By the erected nipples of Aphrodite! What knockers!"

"The king has returned, baby."

Christian Zamora said...

TF, you should rewrite the text in the balloons and repost it in the picture ;)

SallyP said...

Yes,the Reaper's boots ARE a tad on the enormous side. I wouldn't go out in the rain, if I were him.

Belvoir said...

"Janet, your being conservatively dressed like Jackie O in white galoshes turns me on!"

Hawkeye is a swinger into group scenes. "Stroll", is that what they called it?

Quicksilver and Cap, charming couple. Cap's playing coy, but manages to telegraph exactly what he's up for. "Always", Cap?

Anonymous said...

If I asked someone out and they replied "As soon as I finish this chapter of Tolkien" I would take it as a sign of their complete lack of interest and also lose all interest myself.

Christian Zamora said...

Well, I'd get the freaky geek alarm ringing quite loud. If, on the other hand he had said "Wait 'til I finish reading this week's Legion", it would have been an entirely different thing
XD

Minh Nguyen said...

Hiện nay, khi các thẩm mỹ viện mọc lên như nấm khiến bạn đau đầu, mỏi mắt tìm kiếm câu trả lời cho bấm mí Hàn Quốc giá bao nhiêu.

Không chỉ thế, Green Tara sẽ giúp bạn giải đáp mọi thắc mắc liên quan đến cách làm cho mắt to tự nhiên.

Với ưu điểm lợi thế công nghệ được chuyển giao 100% từ Hàn Quốc, bấm mí hàn quốc sẽ khiến cho bạn hoàn toàn hài long với diện mạo mới. Đến với Green Tara, bạn sẽ không phải lo lắng về bấm mí Hàn Quốc có vĩnh viễn không hay bận tâm đến bấm mí hàn quốc xuyên sụn hiệu quả ra sao

Đến với thẩm mỹ viện 24 Trung Hòa để trải nghiệm dịch vụ và được tư vấn tận tâm nhất. Từ những tiến sĩ, bác sĩ đầu ngành phẫu thuật thẩm mỹ Green Tara sẽ mang đến cho bạn đôi mí mắt đẹp và hoàn toàn tự nhiên nhờ bấm mí hàn quốc