Friday, July 20, 2007

Child Labor Laws? Never heard of 'em.....


Schools and organizations are shameless about turning children into little salesmen. Among the things I've been guilted into buying are cookies, wrapping paper and trash bags (although I've got to say, the trash bags were at least practical because they were thick enough that I could use them to bag leaves.... where is that neighbor kid who sells me those? Fall is a'comin'....), but this wins the prize for weirdest thing children have been recruited to sell.

Salve. Yup. Salve. Can you imagine a child ringing your doorbell and trying to sell you this stuff?

Child: It's good for chaps and mild burns.

Me: Thank heavens you're here! I've got a chapped burn and was just going to ride it out without salve! Your knock on my door couldn't be more timely!


Don't let the people that make Preparation H get wind of this....

3 comments:

De said...

I always felt bad for the kid that had to sell KY Jelly.

D.B. Echo said...

I love the punctuationless shouting in this ad. I think this dialogue would read more like this:

Child: IT'S GOOD FOR CHAPS AND MILD BURNS

Me: THANK HEAVENS YOU'RE HERE - I'VE GOT A CHAPPED BURN AND WAS JUST GOING TO RIDE IT OUT WITHOUT SALVE - YOUR KNOCK ON MY DOOR COULDN'T BE MORE TIMELY

Will said...

So... wait. Did they include the ART PICTURE or did she have to make that herself, in addition to hawking their sludge?

THIS SALVE IS LOUSY BUT IT'S WORTH BUYING FIVE TUBES TO GET A FREE ART PICTURE