Monday, January 27, 2014

Strongman, Scourge of the Underworld... No, Not THAT Scourge!

Well, now I understand.

You see, I had read Strongman's exploits out of order and I clearly didn't understand just how plausible his origin is.


But now that I've read Crash Comics #1, I have seen the proverbial light.

You see, he's been able to do all those leaps over buildings and surviving explosions and whatnot (while being the world's most perfect man, I might add), through yoga.


But it ain't just any yoga....


... it's secret yoga.  

Now I get it!  Here I thought he was just doing all that stretching and chanting and whatnot, but he was doing something that's a secret.

Eeesh.

Moving on....


Suddenly! (tm!)

Here's an unusual job perk:


I don't recall anyone ever promising me that I wouldn't be molested at work, and to be honest, I never thought to negotiate that into my terms of employment.  I appear to have dodged some sort of figurative bullet thus far.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Daniel Efosa Uyi said...

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.

Would you be interested in trading links with my blog?
My blog covers a lot of interesting and helpful posts just like yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. And also, I think you'll love my recent blog post titled Top 5 Must-Read Dating Posts For Guys

I'm hoping to hear from you too and quickly, you've got a great blog here.

Daniel.

MarvelX42 said...

Secret......like the Necronomicon...secret, that explains everything.

MarvelX42 said...

Now that I look at it closer, it says "Yogi" not "Yoga". I looked on Wikipedia and among other things it says: "Yogi - Siddha
According to David White, the term yogi is also a pejorative term used by Hindu orthodoxy for a Siddha.[3] According to White,
[S]iddha means "realized, perfected one",[note 1] a term generally applied to a practitioner (sādhaka, sadhu) who has trhough his practice (sadhana) realized his dual goal of superhuman powers (siddhis, "realizations", "perfections") and bodily immortality (jivanmukti).[8]" Fit's right in with Strongman.....Superhuman powers and immortality.