Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Everyone Knows They Can't Stop Once They've Started Writing the Parking Citation

Shakin' away those work stress blues with a look at America's Best Comics #28:


I hate to be the one to interrupt Miss Masque's tirade of righteous indignation...

.... but it is clearly posted not to park there.

Just stay out of it, Black Terror.  There's nothing good there for you.

Hey!  Ads!


Okay, just so we're clear, this "juke box" doesn't actually play anything.  If you "bring it out at parties or when company comes to call," I think it's a safe bet people are going to quit coming to your home for social occasions because you're scamming them.  What kind of a jerk would you be to have this thing?

Hey, remember this?


As everyone under the age of 30 goes, "huh?"  Yes, this is what we used to use before your magic computers came along, kids.  And I well tell you this... it was never easy to type a document.  If you made a mistake, you had to retype the whole bloody page.  I even had one teacher who made you put footnotes in your typewritten papers, which meant you had to guess how much space you needed at the bottom for the footnotes, put a little pencil mark on the page so you'd know when to stop typing, and scream like a drunk merchant marine you made any kind of mistake at all.  Teachers were really sadistic back in my day.  My conflicts with them were never my fault, on that you can rely!

Hey!  It's time for some Fun with Out of Context Artwork! (tm!)


I'm sorry, miss, but if you're going to join us, that'll be another $250.

No, I'm not proud of that one, but I played the hand I was dealt.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Aaron Carine said...

God, I HATED typing. Computers are a godsend.

Buzz said...

hilarious! that entire post was absolutely hilarious!