Wednesday, January 2, 2008

We Need a Hero.... Pants Optional.


At last! I've hit the bullseye! Now if only I could remember where I left my pants....

What was with comics back in the day? In the 40's and the 50's, there was some odd obsession with exposing the legs of little boys.... and I'm still not convinced he's wearing anything in the groinal naughty region.
_________________________________



This is why Clark never got any play with the ladies. Guys, if a girl invites you to do something, no matter how dull or lame it sounds, take her up on it. Don't ask any stupid questions, just do it. Otherwise, you'll be "puttering around in your shop" well into your forties....
__________________________________



Coolest toy ever. How is it that this didn't go over?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see Agent Zero M get captured by SMERSH or SPECTRE or soomething and see if they're as easily fooled. Those guys will wipe that smug grin from his stupid face.

Dave said...

I didn't have the movie camera (though my friend Kip did), but I did have the radio that turned into a submachine gun and a couple of the other accessories.

Damn, I felt like a real spy.

Adam Barnett said...

oh, dave.... that is beyond awesome! was it half as cool as the ad made it look?

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, hey! Don't be cruel! I had the movie camera! It WAS cool!

Dave said...

Adam;

When you're 9 years old in 1965, any spy-related toy is cool.

It wasn't as cool as the James Bond slot car set: http://snipurl.com/1wfqj but it was pretty darn good.

Michael Jones said...

Happy Nude Year GA!

Try taking any of those items on an airplane these days and see what hijinks occur.

Sea-of-Green said...

Thus begins the long-running tradition of Oliver Queen losing his pants. ;-)

SallyP said...

Didn't Ollie get...I don't know...COLD when the wind blew? At least due to his own horrible experience (and probably Superboy's snickering) he allowed Speedy to wear tights.

Anonymous said...

I had both of these toys!
thanks for showing this ad because I forgot about them until reading it.

The Movie Camera was very cool.
Damn I miss cap guns!

Another toy that went along with these two was Sixth Finger and I had 2! of those!

Alan B.
JettBlackBerryX@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

A pocket knife is harmless?! These "spies" have obviously never crossed paths with the US Department of Homeland Security. Spies... or terrorists????

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice that the Adventure Comics cover is stamped with the owner's name? Michael Daniel Jablow.
Throw in the requisite Haywood and you're done.
Who knew such a name existed?

Adam Barnett said...

Yeah, there are two things I can't figure out: Why did they quit making those toys (and what happened to Alan B's?) and did Michael Daniel Jablow have one?