Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Pat's Monday!!

Hey, hey! It's St. Patrick's Day, and I'm celebrating my Irish heritage with a look at gastronomic delights!

Yes, it's true. There are Barnetts a'plenty in Northern Ireland, and today's post goes out to my extended family on the Emerald Isle! Pass the corned beef and soda bread!


It's the first appearance of Matter-Eater Lad! He had a pretty cool costume, all things considered, but his name was very awkward and he never made sense to me. I mean, I understood that he could digest anything, but how is it that his teeth never broke? And wouldn't you hate to have him in your dorm at the Legion Clubhouse? The night-time intestinal emissions would have been horrible.
_______________________________


You know, I don't care if Lana weighs 350 pounds, it isn't Clark's business to give her a glare for her food choices. Who made him Food Police? Does anyone see Clark's beeswax lying around? Because I sure don't....
________________________________



We all know Bouncing Boy loved a good meal, but he enjoyed his position as Office Supply Repo-Man for the Legion even more. Hey, Sun Boy.... got a receipt for that stapler over there? You do? Well, can I borrow it anyway? It appears I need to staple my shirt to my belt to keep my belly from oozing out....

8 comments:

Dave said...

Is it just me, or does Clark look exactly like Stephen Colbert in that shot?

FoldedSoup said...

Y'know? I often find myself making the same observation as you after just glancing at the panel. Great minds and all that...

Man, BB - get a shirt that fits, why doncha!?!

(I'll raise a Guinness to ya tonight, sir!)

Dave said...

Y'know, if Chuck ever gets tired of Luorno, chubby Lana's lookin' mighty good.

SallyP said...

My God, Bouncing Boy's tummy IS just peeking out there. No wonder Sunboy or whatever his name is,wants to get him out of there!

Hey, my great grandmother was a Barnett! But she was from Maryland.

Anonymous said...

Northern Ireland makes you part English though doesn;t it?

Anonymous said...

I realized that his home planet is Bismoll -- as in 'Pepto Bismol' -- gosh, that DC is so darned clever!

Adam Barnett said...

I noticed that too, Robert. And I looked it up and Pepto came before Matter-Eater Lad, so it was no coinkydink.

And yes, both my maternal and paternal sides of the family migrated to Scotland and Ireland, respectively, from England before heading to the US of A.

Sadly, very few countries are in a hurry to claim me....

Frothy said...

Yes, I'm almost five years late, but... since when are chocolate sundaes yellow?