Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Costume Makes Me Look More Fearsome! Because That's What Costumes DO!

Action Comics #340 had the first appearance of the Parasite, who I didn't really get to know until he showed up in the second Superman / Spider-Man cross-over.  Man, did I love those big ol' treasury editions, didn't you?

Anyway, this is the sort of thing that happens when you work in a lab in comics:



And as we like to say...


He probably should have seen that coming. (tm!)

Anyhoo, he becomes the Parasite and absorbs the energy from others:


Wait... why would he be getting as smart as the scientist?  I don't see how that applies.  Oh, well.  Moving on...


Now, what kind of costume is that?  He's already purple, so I think he just slapped on a green mawashi and painted a blue stripe up his chest.

I'll wait while you Google "mawashi."

I was right, wasn't I?

Into the CMNS Costume Hall of Shame (tm!) with you.  But you are still awesome for beating up Superman!


Yeah!  Let's see some more of that!


Wait.  I think I got my images mixed up again.  Oh well.  It's always time for giant Lizard-Men!

See you tomorrow!

No comments: