Tuesday, May 27, 2008

They are Woman Hear Them Roar Tuesday

Ah, to be back and blogging. Let's check out Adventure Comics #368:

Be ye warned: I'm a roasting the ladies today, largely because of that stupid Sex & the City movie that's getting hyped this week everywhere else. Women who are into that show are the female equivalent of trekkies. Yeah, I said it.


Isn't this an awesome cover? This is the kind of reception I get when I troll a lesbian chat room...



I suppose if you're going to lie, you might as well lie big. Yeah, sure, kid.... you can see right through the freakin' walls. Will that be cash or charge?

Yeah, Robert Wagner signed the photo. Sure, why not?





A government official? A woman? In the 30th Century? Why...sputter....sputter!



That's much more like it. Back to your sewing circle, ladies! All we need is a 30th Century television broadcasting Lifetime...

8 comments:

Gildas said...

I suspect that in the most progressive society imaginable,women will still be more concerned than the guys with making the place look nice.
As long as the dump has a sofa,a televison,and a refrigerator for the beer,we're happy.

De said...

You've just reminded me that I need to write my entry about Sex and the City this week. If you think it's bad where you live, just imagine it here in the land of the super superficial, a.k.a. Washington, DC.

Anonymous said...

The prominence of the "robo sewing-machine" really makes this panel for me. Girls like to make their own clothes, don't they?

It's like that SATC episode: Carrie is hard at work at her loom, when suddenly the phone rings...

SallyP said...

Oh those silly Legionaire Girls! Adventures are for Boys!

On the other hand, Ilya Kuryakin WAS smokin' hot in those days.

Erich said...

"Uh, yeah, sure, kid...here's a an autographed picture of Robert Vaughn."

"Why's it say 'Robert Wagner'?"

"Oh, uh, that's just the way he spells it, kid."

Sea-of-Green said...

Never watched Sex & The City, I'm proud to say. Now, if it was about a bunch of MEN talking about their sex lives all the time, MAYBE I'd be a little more interested. ;-) But I already get that sort of entertainment by reading Green Lantern comics ...

Unknown said...

"Troll a lesbian chat room."

10/10

Gene Phillips said...

Surely you can get more than one post out of this delirious Jim Shooter tale, Adam!

How about the bit where Shadow Lass reveals that she's heavily into B&D?

(Whoops, almost wrote D&D-- that wouldn't have made sense at ALL).