Monday, May 19, 2008

Blue People Finally Get Represented and, as Halle Berry Would Say, "The Floodgates are Opened!" Monday!

From Adventure Comics #365, where questions abound:


As a reader noted in last Thursday's post (hey, are you all reading ahead? Stop that!), the 30th Century version of a minority is blue. There still isn't a "Negro" (their term, not mine) to be seen. Why the glass ceiling broke in the Legion for blue people before black people, I have no idea.



I also have no idea why Karate Kid started speaking like Jonah Hex in that issue.


Nor do I understand why the smartest guy in the Legion started drinking water on an alien planet prior to testing it. I mean, you aren't supposed to drink the treated water in Mexico, so I can't imagine drinking water in a stagnant pond on a completely different planet as being a good idea.

You shouldn't always do what the smart guy does, because really smart people have been known to do really stupid things. I believe it is because smart people assume there is only a limited supply of intelligence in a room, and since they are obviously sucking it all up, everyone else must be a moron. But trust me, when everyone in the Legion gets the trots from swallowing a water-borne parasite, Brainiac 5 won't be looking half as smart as he thinks he is.

7 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, if ALL the Legionnaires started talking like Jonah Hex, I'd probably like them a lot better!

Comixbear said...

He's drinking the water for the same reason that he's drinking it like a horse....Because he's only book smart, not street smart! ;)

http://comixbearbarecomix.blogspot.com/

Gildas said...

"Negro" at least wasn't meant as a derogatory term. W.E.B. Dubois used it proudly.

Scipio said...

"I also have no idea why Karate Kid started speaking like Jonah Hex in that issue."

He spent time in the 20th century; it has that effect, pard.

SallyP said...

Reincarnation obviously. If Matt O'Dare can be Scalphunter, then by God, Karate Kid can be Jonah Hex.

And Brainiac really IS an idiot.

Philip said...

I love the assumption that is something isn't on the map it must be a mirage. Because maps are always 100% accurate & up to date.

I bet they'd drive off a washed out bridge if their OnStar navigation system told them to.

mwb said...

Yeah, but Brainy drinks from the toilet too. So I wouldn't exactly go by him...