Friday, September 21, 2007

The Day I Lose All My Native American and East Indian Readers


Indian Child Welfare Act? Never heard of it. He'll answer my questions or off to the orphanage he goes!
________________________________



Gee, Oliver, I can't imagine why he isn't warming up to a masked white man, as I'm sure he's been told all kinds of great things. Why don't you offer him some beads for Manhattan Island? He'll probably love that.
__________________________________



I'll be there, Mr. Mayor! (click click) Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Mayor, that's my call waiting.... (click click) Thank you for calling customer service, this is Steve!

When I read that to my Beloved sounding like Apu in The Simpsons, it's gonna kill. Just watch.

3 comments:

Nate said...

I never knew Little Beaver did a crossover from the pages of Red Ryder.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about losing your Indian (dot) readers. I certainly get annoyed when Indian tech support or telemarketers pretend ridiculous American names. Also, Apu is a great character. I've never met an Indian who finds him anything less than funny. Just wanted to state that for the record.

The Mutt said...

Apu nursing his kids with the six bottles in the vest is still the most outrageous thing I've seen on The Simpsons, and that's saying something. I literally fell out of my chair.