Monday, April 22, 2013

To Be Fair, Not Every Super Villain Can Be a Genius

Happy Monday!  Let's take a look at the origin of Styx from Amazing Spider-Man #333:



A fair question, indeed.  I'll save you all the narrative and tell you that, as always, you should never agree to be part of experimental treatments in comics.  Just don't do it.  It will rarely end well.

Anyway, bottom line:


Okay... everyone got that?  He's a living cancer, thusly:


Only I don't think that's how cancer works.  Cancer is a growth of cells.  I mean, I'm not an oncologist, but cancer is what happens when cells don't die like they're supposed to.

So, say it with me.....

That doesn't work that way! (tm!)

Watch and someone will tell me how I'm totally wrong. 

Eh, it wouldn't be the first time.

Now consider this:


When I was in college in the late 80's, if a chick didn't have hair like this, she was way out of style.  True story.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

Yes, well I think that this is just a case of Stone being as dumb as a stone.