Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Holy Crickets! Wednesday!

You may recall I took a look at perhaps the greatest villain that hasn't been seen in 30 years, the Grasshopper, when I took a look at Detective Comics #334.  You might also recall (or notice when you click the link back to that post) I was surprised to see the character on a set of trading cards because the Grasshopper was a one-shot character.

Or, so I thought.

Cue Detective Comics #356!:


I know, right?

Also as amazing to me was how long "The Outsider" subplot had been dragging on.  I complain that it takes them forever to wrap up a plot these days!  This one took dang near two years to wrap up!  Two bloody years!

Anyway, despite what I (and the good folks at The Grand Comics Database) thought, the character appeared for a second smacking.  I don't want to incur the wrath of DC's lawyers, but I think the occasion merits a sharing of the triumphant battle that ensued:


Okay, it was what it was, but I'm sure someone thought it would give everyone a sense of closure to bring back the main villain of the story when the Outsider first appeared so that he could return for the last chapter of the Outsider Saga (hey, anything they drag on for nearly two years is a saga).

Only one problem:


The Grasshopper wasn't a "gang," but a set of twins who had abilities that were never explained. Where did this third guy come from?  I don't know how grasshoppers reproduce, but I don't think two male siblings clone themselves like we're seeing here.

And this is just creepy:


A refrigerated coffin?  Ewwww!!  Who does that?!  I mean, putting yourself in a coffin seems silly enough (I'm  going to be cremated and have my ashes scattered in the back yard to the dogs can roll around in my remains), but to refrigerate you like you're leftover Chinese food?  That's just gross.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

http://www.khaaan.com

Dave said...

Forget about the refrigerated coffin, what about Batman's loss for words about the er -- body? Alfie must have gotten pretty bloated in that box. (And yes, I know he's not in there.)