Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Get Big with Bruno Tuesday!

Nothing says "Silver Age" like watching a super-villain rant for the first few pages of a comic.  Kraven the Hunter had a tendency to go on and on, right up to his death in Kraven's Last Hunt.  Here we see some classic rants from Amazing Spider-Man #34:


I will die to cover that plaster head with Spider-Man's mask.

Or, maybe I'll just ask Spider-Man for one of his masks to cover that plaster head.

Or, maybe I'll just take that plaster head down and put up one of those plastic mounted trouts that sings.

It appears I have several options that do not directly involve my death.  I must decide the order in which I exhaust the various avenues.



My special jungle herbs.... or as you would call them: steroids.


Jungle scent.... or as you would call it: rhinoceros urine.

And someone want to explain to me why getting sprayed with something stinky would "cancel out" Peter's spider-sense?

I didn't think so.


Here's an offer for boys, teenagers, and young men!:


This might have been a totally legitimate, harmless enterprise for Big Bruno, but I make it a personal policy to never take anyone up on their offer that is directed exclusively to "boys, teenagers, and young men."  It's worked for me so far.

See you tomorrow!


9 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Bruno appears to be a male version of Jayne Mansfield. Pre-decapitation, of course. (Apparently, she wasn't really decapitated, at least not completely.)

Britt Reid said...

Y'know...put a biker mustache on Bruno and he looks a lot like Krav...OH MY GOD!!!

MarvelX42 said...

Maybe Kraven could just goto that crappy store that Pete bought that POS costume from in Amazing #26

OrigamiGirl said...

Perhpas he is just very emotionally attached to the plaster head. He just likes playing dress up with it and all sorts.

MarvelX42 said...

Adam Barnett said:

""boys, teenagers, and young men." It's worked for me so far."

Now THAT'S fun with out of context dialogue!

LMAO!

Adam Barnett said...

D.B. - - - I was actually reminded of the infamous Rob Liffield "Captain America" drawing when I saw Bruno...

Lazarus Lupin said...

actually I can explain, by "cancel" he meant "equalize" because smelling of rhino pee would help the big K know if spider man was trying to sneak up behind him giving them both "spidey senses." No, it really doesn't make that much more sense but so sue me.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Buzz said...

At first I thought that ad said "Get Big Bruno"... Possibly meaning that you could actually purchase the man or that you could do something to "get him," like throw an egg in his face. I'm not sure I'd be willing to spend money on either.

Buzz said...

I'm leaving another comment so I can sign up for e-mails for follow up comments. Sorry for being such a dweeb!!