Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Girls Who are Hip Don't Flip for Fellows Who Smoke Tuesday!

By the time Detective Comics #332 rolled around, the objective was to have a more realistic Batman.  With this in mind, the issue confused me to no end.  First, let's check out the seemingly-harmless PSA inside the front cover:


Before you even ask, Paulette Breen actually did make something of herself in the film industry, including a guest spot on The New Adventures of Wonder Woman, so she gets a pass here (despite my blanket objection to beauty contests "scholarship competitions").

And she was anti-smoking, which was also quite cool, although I would have been tempted by any hobby where the objective was to "take a butt," as seen here.

Now, I thought they were talking about tobacco.  But check out the Batman story here, and tell me if you still think that's the case:


Okay, they might have had this story laying around before they decided to get all serious, and that is a shot of the Joker riding a giant chicken, which is always awesome.

But then things take a suspicious turn:


Hmmmmmm.  It is the Sixties.


Okay, anyone not seeing it now?  So far, I've seen references to loco weed and an excessive ingestion of anti-histamines.

Robin, how are you holding up?


That's it.  Someone call Child Welfare.  I'll keep an eye on things here.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

Hmm, you passed up the obvious "giant cock" between the Jokers legs joke. Good job keeping it clean.

Lazarus Lupin said...

I don't believe normal loco weed pollen could cause the effect no matter how much saturates the air, but at this point normal has left the station.

I can see later batman in therapy, "and I saw the joker with a giant cock between his legs..." just hope his therapist isn't a freudian.

Elizabeth said...

She was in The Wizard of Speed and Time?? Hot diggity, that's enough for me!

Benjamin D Heath said...

this is an excellent post
love it as usual
hope you don't mind i have shared with my friends