Friday, July 12, 2013

This'll Kill 'Em... But They'll Know Why They Call Me Dynamic Boy!


Dear Ones, I'm going to take another stabaroo at a staycation, so there won't be any new posts next week.  But we'll all get together on Monday, July 22nd for more silliness, okay?

Meanwhile, let's take a gander at Dynamic Comics #2, shall we?



I haven't gotten there yet, but I have high hopes for any story with a character called "Lady Satan."

Anyway, the blurb there tells us that this title features Dynamic Man and Dynamic Boy, which follows a certain logic and I appreciate that.

But inside, things were kind of puzzling.  Despite them hanging out on the cover (with Dynamic Man putting his hand on Dynamic Boy's shoulder in a way that no grown man would dare be seen making contact with a child in this day and age),  the two appear to have nothing to do with each other.  In retrospect, the cover makes some sense, because Dynamic Man is apparently giving Dynamic Boy directions on where his story is, because it sure isn't with Dynamic Man.  He's like, "You get your Robin wannabe self over there and out of my cover shot."

Dynamic Boy was the story of some kid whose real name I've already forgotten who is given super powers by a kindly doctor.  The kid saved someone from a burning building and this motivated the doc to try and save his life with... I don't know, don't make me read it again.  All I know is, this technology was around in the 40's but is curiously not used to save Johnny from death by similar injuries in The Outsiders decades later.  It must have been an insurance issue.

Whatever.  Here he is, complete with Disembodied Floating Heads (tm!)



Urgh.  Must... keep ... going....

Okay, so here we see Dynamic Boy using what I presume is his primary super-power, the Dynamic Butt Cheeks:


And if all you got was a face-full of Dynamic Butt Cheeks, consider yourself lucky because things could get much worse:


They'll know why they call me Dynamic Boy... for the twenty or so seconds they have left until blood fills their lungs and they die!  Tee hee!


The rest of them are in the Mayor's office!  Sorry about all the human entrails on the carpet!

And despite being a member of the no-mask club, no one puts it together. Then again, considering Dynamic Boy appears to have a hankering for random homicide, maybe people just played along.  I certainly would.:


I'm presuming she's winking at him because she knows his secret, but  it sure looks like something is about to happen.  Of course, I can't say what it is or you and I will both go to jail, but you totally see what I'm getting at.  Don't act like you don't see it.  

Point is, he had nothing to do with Dynamic Man at all, which is just weird.  Best available information indicates they revamped everything nine issues later and made him the younger brother of Dynamic Man or something.  I don't have access to that particular issue, so your guess is as good as mine.

See you on the 22nd!


2 comments:

AuroraMoon said...

I actually kind of like him... he's like a better version of robin, or at least in that time period.
Robin was lame... all he did was hang around batman and say things like: "Holy Robbers, batman!"

Buzz said...

Have a good staycation, and watch out for the Dynamic Butt Cheeks!!