Monday, July 29, 2013

The Drugs, The Drugs!

Pop Quiz:  Using your powers of deduction, my nerdlingers, what character should not be behind the green light slicing at the wooden mast?


I know, I know... Green light... but wooden mast!

Who should this absolutely not be?

Yup.


It's only the third ish of the Golden Age Green Lantern's book, and we still haven't figured out whether Green Lantern's ring works on wood.  As you've seen in previous posts, we're told time and time again that the ring doesn't affect "non-metals," but there we go.  And to make matters worse, it's cutting through wood, which we all know is the one thing that the Alan Scott's ring remained ineffective against.  YEESH!

Hey!  Let's check out Dynamic Comics #3!


Wow... Lindsay Lohan has really let herself go!

Thank you, thank you!  I'll be here all week!

Oh, and they're still milking this:


Egad, how stupid are Kent's friends?

Anyway, moving on:


Well, the butler shouldn't beat himself up, but he looks pretty okay with it.  Whoops!  I didn't save the man from getting a dagger in his chest!  Oh, well!  Chin up!  Carry on, pip-pip!

What interested me more (and I didn't catch it the first time), is that Lucky Coyne has a very familiar gimmick: 



Pretty familiar stuff, eh?



I mean, if your name is "Lucky Coyne," you're probably going to carry a coin around, but still...


So, I did a little diligence, and sure enough, Lucky Coyne came about before Batman's foe, Two-Face.

The similarities should come as no surprise, because Lucky Coyne was written by none other than Golden Age Batman writer, Bill Finger!

This guy has the whole story.  Awesome!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is the context to "Come, let's deliver the rats". I think I can safely say I have never uttered that line in my life.

But I certainly intend to now.