Tuesday, July 30, 2013

They Have Rightly Named You, Lady Satan!


Well, I can't find the exact link, but somewhere in this article, there was a link back to this site from Cracked, a fine website I (honestly and truly) read regularly and readership skyrocketed for a few days... and it appears a good chunk of you re-directed folks continue to stick around, so welcome!

I'm the first to fuss about the excessive violence in some modern-day titles.  I wish we could harken back to the carefree Golden Age, where comics like Dynamic Comics # 3, with...


Oh.  Um.... Well, I'm sure that was an isolated....


Egad!  But then again, the feature is called "Lady Satan," so perhaps that is to be expected.  I'd best flip over to the gallant chivalry of "The Green Knight," to be regaled by stories of honor, bravery...


... and a woman getting her eyes plucked out.


Yeesh!  Perhaps I should put that ish down and take a look at Pep Comics #14.  Pep Comics would later introduce us to Archie, Jughead and all the gang at Riverdale, so I'm sure this comic will have traditional American values like...


Um....


Oh.  That looks a little rough, don't you ...?


Okay, I give. Comics are just disturbing.  But if they weren't what would I write about?

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

felltir said...

The link is just under the second last image :)

Adam Barnett said...

You're right! Nice!