Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Talk is Cheap, Narold!

Hey!  Check out Mandala.  I've only seen a sampling of it, but I liked what I saw.


Meanwhile, let's check out the Golden Age Blue Beetle #2 for this Moment of Comic Book Greatness! (tm!):


Well, that was awesome! And no, that isn't Dr. Sivana.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy another installment of Well... Touche! (tm!)


I'm going to kill you!

Talk is cheap!

Well... Touche!  (tm!)

And once again, we see the Blue Beetle employing some of the most creative escapes from dangerous situations:



Criminals are a superstitious... INSANELY VAIN lot!


Okay.  The Blue Beetle has bullet-proof armor.  Everyone got that?

Not five pages later:


Sooooo... does he just not wear it all the time, or what?  One minute, he's telling the bad guy he has a gray hair to avoid getting shot at, then he's gloating about having armor, then he's dodging bullets again.  Granted, it's different stories, but I would think that, considering my objective is to encounter dangerous and heavily armed criminals, that I would accessorize my accouterments with armor unless the situation simply prohibited it.  Yeah, it might affect your mobility a little bit, but... hey, it stops bullets.

Moving on to some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):


You know, I'm thinking Tom should be very afraid.

5 comments:

Gummboote said...

Some people get off on being electrically shocked. And there's all that strapped-to-a-chair business...

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Adam: by running the BB panels, you are now my bestest friend ever! Also, BB was pretty crazy about his gloves. In different issues he wore yellow, red, and mostly blue.

(If you ever run panels of The Red Bee, you will be my super-bestest friend ever!)

Adam Barnett said...

You know, gumm... nothing surprises me, but I can't imagine electrical shocks being fun. The few I've had were pretty gnarly. Wayne, if I can get some loaners of Red Bee, you know I'll run 'em!

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Adam: per electric shocks, there is a fetish for everything. I'm stuck with Red Bee.

Google yourself, I'll bet the second or third entry is Adam Barnett's Feet.

Anonymous said...

Tom: "I need an adult! I need an adult!"

Buzz Buzz

Tom: "An Adult who's not wearing a mask and spandex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"