Thursday, February 3, 2011

Weather Updatin' Thursday!

Dear Ones, I'm sorry about the missed post yesterday.  As was predicted, the Midwest was slammed by a blizzard, the likes of which we haven't seen in many years.  Casa Barnett was very fortunate in that the power remained on and no pipes have burst, so we're grateful for that.

Snow had drifted up my driveway reaching depths of 23 inches, so shoveling my way through that was yesterday's project.  So, I don't anticipate a new post tomorrow, but we should be back in the swing of things on Monday.  For those of you also dealing with this mess, more sympathetic I could not be.

Thankfully, sPat came to the rescue and shot me a panel for today, from an early issue of World's Finest:



If only my Brain-Amplifier were working, I could figure out what the missing ingredient is to get my Brain-Amplifier working!  Oh, Science, you are a cruel mistress indeed!

Hang in there, my lovelies!  We'll be back in the saddle on Monday!

7 comments:

Britt Reid said...

The answer's obvious.
Travel to a parallel world where your counterpart has already perfected the device and either duplicate or "appropriate" the parts (How can you "steal" from yourself?) needed to finish your device.

Of course, make sure it's not an EVIL parallel world, or your finished device will also make you evil! (The tip-off will be a goatee on your parallel-self.)

Lazarus Lupin said...

Here's hoping the best for you. May you survive the bad weather with style and grace.

As to the "One thing missing panel," it's interesting... mathematically if there was one thing missing it would seem to me easy to find out what that one thing is. Just start plugging numbers in and charting how bad you miss you the boat. Eventually you'll narrow it down to the missing number. It's more complicated with chemistry and/or engineering of course, but in those cases how can you say there's just one thing missing unless it's something along the lines of a whole category like.. "Well we are just missing one thing and that one thing is a means of transmitting the brain amp without nuking people's brains to tapioca. In any even event, investors would not be impressed.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
thinking too much

La Belle Esplanade said...

A little blizzard never stopped Super Trucker. Don't strain your back shoveling out. -Best from New Orleans where it's in the 50s today, WK

MarvelX42 said...

Had the same sitcuation heres, but like yourself I got damn damn lucky and power stayed on! One time the power went out in the middle of a sweltering summer. It was out for two weeks!

Anyways THANKS sPat that panel is freakin hee lair e us. I burst out laughing when I saw that!

Aaron Carine said...

We've gotten heavy snow in New England but nothing like what you've gotten. I strongly hope you survive,old man.

MarvelX42 said...

:-/

MarvelX42 said...

The missing ingredient is of course Noxium.