Monday, February 7, 2011

Because a Virtual Life is Still a Life Monday!


Whew!  That was quite the blizzard!  Hopefully, we're back on track.  A break is nice and all, but let's get this show back on the road.

Fortunately, contributor Robert Gillis saved the day with some fun from Lois Lane #18.  Lois and Jimmy Olsen seemed to be in a contest to see whose comic could be weirder, which is why it positively grinds my gears that I don't have either run at my disposal.  Yet.  Meanwhile, check out Astounding Man!:


So, I use advanced surveillance equipment to watch you and record you without your knowledge, and you get a restraining order.  This guy does the same thing to Lois, and he's Mr. Freakin' Romance.

Or, as it would turn out, Mr. Oogamooga:


So, you've got two people who have never seen each other in the flesh all married and such.  If this kind of weirdness wasn't happening online all the time, I'd make some sardonic comment.

Here's a delight from Lois Lane #1:


I realize that Superman doesn't want to spend all day changing the course of mighty rivers or catching falling planes from the sky, but I'm not sure freezing ice cream is the most socially responsible thing he could be doing.  I realize I'm getting all judgmental, but doesn't he have some kind of super-breath power that could keep him a little closer to home just in case Lex Luthor decides it's time for one of his bi-weekly attacks on the citizens of Metropolis?  Oy.

Thanks for keeping us supplied, Robert!

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Britt Reid said...

I presume Oogamooga and Geena operated their desktops one-handed on the wedding night!

Who sez comics ain't educational?

Bud said...

How did the ice cream survive reentry into the atmosphere?

MarvelX42 said...

So much to comment on.
First: thanks Robert.
Second: I would like to see some of the 3D footage of Lois changing behind the curtains at that fashion show. I am sure Unga Bunga has that footage too.
Third: You're right Lois. You don't deserve such adoration. You are a two timing, manipulative, selfish, bitch.
Fourth: Unga Bunga and Geena probably have full body virtual sense simulation stuff going on so I doubt they will have to use one hand as it were.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to suspect that the whole "Scary stalker with a crush is so totally romantic" phenomena isn't thanks to The Twilight book series... it was thanks to the silver/golden age Lois lane.

and that's not a good thing.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Oh, man. I can't believe I didn't make the connection, myself, between that comic and people wedding their online gaming avatars. That Lois Lane comic turns out to have been surprisingly prescient.