Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Their Cup of Blood Our Mouths Shall Sip Tuesday!

Dear Ones, We're set to get some nasty weather tomorrow, so I don't know for sure if I'll be updating.  If you tune in and there's nothing for a day or two, I'll thaw out as soon as I can.  Keep checking!

Meanwhile, just in case you need a little somethin' somethin' to keep you warm, here's Pat Patriot doing some song-and-dance routine from the Golden Age Daredevil #10!:


At this point, I started wondering if this was supposed to actually be to the tune of something, but I found nothing.  Anyone recognize this tune?


That's a pretty graphic little tune, but I've grown used to it when I read these Golden Age comics.  Our grandparents were quite badass.  Meanwhile, I tried to find something on Youtube, and all I came up with was this:


Well, it wasn't all I came up with, but they're trying hard so I thought I'd give 'em some fame. I'm a cool cat that way.  Pay it forward, and all that.

But you can't expect the Nazis to just sit there and put up with your singin' and your dancin' and whatnot:


Oops, indeed!

Time for Pat Patriot to deploy her weapon of choice: Soup!


Nice work, Pat Patriot!  Now make me a sammitch!

The Disembodied Floating Heads (tm!) seem to enjoy it:


And Pat looks very pleased with herself:


You know, if that Wonder Woman TV show falls through again, I'm pretty sure the licensing rights to Pat Patriot are just sitting there.  Maybe I should make a few calls.  To someone.

See you tomorrow (I hope!)!  Stay warm!

8 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

That video was PAINFUL!

Anonymous said...

Pat Patriot, keeping America strong...one upskirt shot at a time!

Britt Reid said...

You don't need to ask about the rights to Pat.
She's Public Domain, like the other characters from the Biro titles.
I'm surprised she hasn't popped up (even for a cameo or flashback) in Project SuperPowers.

Dave Hardy said...

We won't let no hatas take over. We'll drink their blood first!

Errr, lovingly I guess. Anyway, I think the lesson here is that if a chick is toting a big ol' cabbage chopper, DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SOUP!

D.B. Echo said...

Man, thos Nazis were lousy shots. They were aiming for the skirt, and hit the hat instead!

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

No one has made a Soup Nazi joke yet? Adam, I'm in Chicago and I have heard Oklahoma mentioned in every weather report. What you get, we'll get. You'll believe a man can shovel, right? Be careful.

MarvelX42 said...

ARGH! I am dyin here.

Will said...

I thought it was bad when rappers say "I'm MC (whatever) and I'm here to say...", but rhyming "say" with "say" makes it much, much worse.

Also, I'm pretty sure the line after "America for the Americans" is "throw the filthy foreigners out", which the Nazis should have been perfectly happy with.

--Allergy