Monday, June 30, 2014

Startling Revelations about Rainbow Boy!

I'm still working my way through Heroic Comics #19 and I've learned a couple of things.

Well, first I learned that Hydroman apparently squishes when he walks:


Granted, there are no sound effects, but you can see the water drops sailing off his body, so you just know he's squishing around.  If they had put in the sound effects, I'm prepared to speculate that Hydroman would have been a much more popular character.

Anyway, Hydroman is still hanging around Rainbow Boy, who I keep wanting to type as "Rainboy" for some reason:


See the look on Hydroman's face?  He's all kinds of resentful about being regulated to crossovers with Rainbow Boy, and I can't say I blame him.


Oh, Rainbow Boy... must you prance?  I'm having a hard enough time with you as it is, and this is not helping.  I keep having flashbacks to the time I sat through Moving Out, which was interpretive dance set to Billy Joel music.  It was every bit as traumatic as it sounds.

Anyway...


Hmmm.. so are Rainbow Boy's powers like that of the Ray?  Because he's sounding an awful lot like the Ray, who also wore a fin on his head and had odd taste in footwear.  But make note that he can travel at the speed of light, because I'm going to bring it up.





Okay, Rainbow Boy can travel at the speed of light.  Does anyone not see where I'm going with this?



Rainbow Boy... flies around at the speed of light... can carry passengers...


Soooooo.... Rainbow Boy can swoop down upon any of these tragedies at the speed of light and save a bunch of these folks, but he decides not to because he's making a point.  You know, General Dumbledore there (or whatever his name was) still would have seen what the Axis troops were trying to pull off even if Rainbow Boy had prevented it and realized who was doing what. 




Oh, well... okay, if you're going to join forces with us and help to end this war, maybe something good can come out of...


WHAT???!!!

So, the invaders from another planet offer to help bring the war to a close, and Rainbow Boy decides on behalf of humanity to just say, "Nah.  But preesh!"

The Punisher has nothing on Rainbow Boy.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

Wow. Rainbow boy was the biggest douche ever!