Thursday, May 14, 2009

KTUL TV has Annoyed Me Thursday!

Our local ABC affiliate, KTUL, interrupted last night's Lost season finale by diving in 45 minutes into the program and hijacking the airwaves for over 30 minutes. I understand the need to keep people updated when storms are coming, but I've never understood why weather people feel the need to show me the same thing 10 different ways. "Storms are coming. Watch out for tornadoes. More later." I got it. See how simple that was? I don't need a freakin' meteorological technology showcase interrupting my evening in this fashion. I have left a little post to that effect at the weather blog at ktul.com, but they moderate me out. Cowardly bastards. If they were just as shy last night, I'd know what happened after Saaid got shot and Jack tried to detonate the H-Bomb. Don't anyone tell me.... I'll watch it online. Because it's just as good to watch a program days after it aired on a computer screen rather than on my television in high def, isn't it?

So, KTUL, bite me.

Here's more useless advice:


Watch out for the Invisible Man? You first. I need you to show me exactly how you propose I do that.



Well, I wish you the best of luck, but I believe you are looking for Match.com.



I'm getting the impression that Night Nurse is one of those people. You know what I mean.




I posted this for no other reason than to provide proof that, at one time in human history, there was a "Height Increase Bureau," because I'm sure I'll have to prove it later. Oh, Canada, why you so silly?

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Zocktastic said...

Ohhh lordy. That "Invisible Man" one was just... oh, there are no words. It's almost enough to make me wonder if they did it on purpose, but no. No one makes a flub like that intentionally.

Jack Norris said...

You don't have to wait days. By their actions, your local ABC affiliate has granted you moral licence to snag a pirate copy available now via torrents.

Larry E said...

From the look on that guy's face, Night Nurse is going to get smacked in a panel or 2.
" That's a lot of books. Did you read all those books? God, I want to read more but just can't find the time."
"Have you watched all those movies? Where would you find time to watch all those movies?"
Yeah, a smackdown is coming.

Anonymous said...

That's why you watch tv online ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!