Tuesday, July 21, 2015

In Which Superman Legitimately Grosses Me Out


Let's finish up our look at Superman #6!  Still no flying...


... which I'm starting to think makes him more interesting.  Once he started flying, you never saw problems like this:


And then this happened:


Okay, we're just one step away from flying with that stunt, so I'm wondering how much longer they're going to hold out.  I remember when the Falcon first got his wings and he had to climb to high places because they were just glider wings.  That got old fast.

Then there was that time Superman donated blood to Lois:


How did they get past his impenetrable skin?  Well....


Okay, ew.


I don't see why that's so incredible.  Aren't people with Type O blood universal donors? 

Anyway...


You'd think Lois would be flying around now or something.  I realize it would be years away, but didn't Jennifer Walters become the She-Hulk because Bruce Banner gave her blood?  And don't even get me started on Spider-Man's origin.  Having things in your blood, much like being overexposed to radiation, should always result in super-powers.


Yeah, we'll see how long Lois keeps the new attitude.  Meanwhile, let's have some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)


And read that panel while listening to this:


Yeah!  It's a CMNS Multimedia Experience! (tm!)  We don't have enough of those, IMHO.

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Kid said...

Didn't Peter Parker give blood to his Aunt May? That didn't result in her acquiring superpowers. What amazes me is that an alien from Krypton would have a blood type that suited any human.

Adam Barnett said...

True, Kid. It didn't make any sense to me that Peter's blood wouldn't affect Aunt May... I mean, we're talking about a relatively small quantum of poison from the spider entering Peter's bloodstream as opposed to a pint or two of Peter's blood going into Aunt May. I also wrestled with the alien notion. If that's the case, Superman should be giving blood on a regular basis for people that have a hard time finding a match. But that wouldn't get his name in the papers, would it?

Green Luthor said...

For some strange reason, I find it hard to believe that a doctor would take blood for a transfusion through an open wound.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Wasn't the Black Condor around by then? He used his cape the same way. Wouldn't it have been great if Superman was raised on a mountaintop and instead of condors he was raised by, I dunno, Red Bees?

Adam Barnett said...

Luthor, in Metropolis I think the standards for the service industries are pretty lax. Wayne, I would be a Superman fan if they changed his origin to that.