Wednesday, July 15, 2015

By Golly, Superman will be CHEESED if He Catches You Playing the Slots!


Let's start into Superman #5, unless someone has a better idea:


Hmmmm... it looks to me like Superman just interrupted a sexual assault in progress.  I mean, look at what was going on in there, look at the state of that poor woman's dress, and tell me what else I'm supposed to think.  Comics went to some pretty dark places back in the day.

But you know what?  Still no flying:


Or to put it another way:  WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Here's a little Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)


Seriously, kid.  That's a suckers game.  Head straight for the blackjack tables.


Someone really likes purple.

More Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)


I don't mind, either.  But thanks for asking.

One more time!


Well, we're kind of belaboring the point, but if it'll shut Superman up, don't play the slots, kids!

Oh, let's have one more bit of Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)


Um.... congratulations?  I'm not sure what the appropriate response is here.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Briefly working at a printing plant, I saw how cheap it was to use some color combinations. For most of my childhood, I just thought all the crooks who fought Batman in their purple and green suits did so because it was the style.

Adam Barnett said...

It's always about the money, honey!