Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stan Lee, Science Guy

Poor Stan.... first he parades his ignorance of how fire works, then he moves on to magnets.

Here, in the Incredible Hulk #2, we see the Toad Men blasting away at the ground with their magnetic weapons.


.... and they must have been pretty good at it, because they are actually able to tunnel beneath the ground that way. Yup.... magnets are vaporizing matter.


Have you ever talked with someone and they are totally, factually wrong about something, but they believe it so much you don't want to correct them? You know, like a religious zealot or someone who was home-schooled? That's how I feel right now.

Say it with me. You don't have to feel good about it. Goodness knows I don't.

Magnets don't work that way!

(I'm sorry I had to highlight it, but I'm sure Stan will come up with other magnetic-related silliness in something I read in the future, so this will make the link easier to find. Excelsior!)

3 comments:

Chance said...

If you're using new Blogger, you can now tag posts. I suggest setting up the tag "Stan Lee is an ignoramus."

Adam Barnett said...

That tag wouldn't narrow it down much, would it?

Hee hee! God bless Stan Lee.

SallyP said...

Ahhh, the good old days, when there was so much pseudo-science floating around. Not like today of course. Global warming is a myth...a myth I tells ya!