Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm Not Saying I Could Do Any Better.... pt 2


... but Mike Sekowsky couldn't draw people at all. I mean, here's the JLA. This is DC's flagship super-team, and that's them, in all their barrel-chested, awkwardly-posed glory. Wow. And he drew this book for the first 63 issues. We were pretty starved for team books back in the early '60s.

If I ruled the universe (and really, I should, don't you think?), I would have all 63 issues redrawn by Brian Bolland to see if they become more readable. I kind of doubt it, because you can only read about so many alien invasions, no matter how well they are drawn. Okay, let's redo the 63 issues with art by Brian Bolland and written by Gail Simone.

And replace Superham with Captain Marvel.

And replace Wonder Woman with HERBIE the robot from that awful Fantastic Four cartoon.

And replace Aquaman with Stewie from Family Guy.

I can't believe neither DC nor Marvel is soliciting ideas from me.

No comments: