Monday, May 7, 2018

In Which Spider-Man Fights the Vulture and I'm Very Uncomfortable with a Side Character's Name


Beloved and I saw Justice League over the weekend.  I've got to say, we didn't think it was bad.  I think the main issue is that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is so incredible, that Justice League paled by comparison.  But if you resist the urge to compare it to an Avengers movie, it wasn't bad. We fanboys are a spoiled, demanding lot.

But on to PPTSSM #45 wherein we have yet another installment of

Wait.... What? (tm!)


Wait.... What? (tm!)

But here it is again!


I've got to tell you, unless Alfred sat me down in private and told me he honestly preferred I call him "Black Alfred," it's not happening.  Wow.  Just... wow.

Meanwhile, the Hulk is... well, he's kind of involved himself in something that's a little piddly:


You know, if that town was "terrified" by five guys on roller skates with loud radios, that's one serene community.

Anyway, Spidey has got to fight the Vulture, and it's nothing we haven't seen before, until this happens:




Okay, first?  Yet again, the villain defeats himself.  Granted, Spidey made him careless, but Spidey only gets credit for an assist.

Second?  When birds fly into glass panes, it is not funny at all.  This, however, was unintentionally hilarious.  I mean, look at that last panel!  That's some Muppet Show level humor right there!

See you soon!

2 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

That last panel has me laughing to the point of crying.

I remember that Hostess ad! I remember thinking the bad guys looked like the degenerate humans in the early issues of Kamandi.

Adam Barnett said...

HA! You're absolutely right!