Thursday, August 17, 2017

In Which Spidey Uses a Large Pole on Medusa and ... Well, Maybe I'm the Only One Who Sees It


So I'm going through PPTSSM and I've decided it's the Spider-Man book that Bob Haney would have made because things take some really weird turns.

But first, it's time for Fun with Out of Context Artwork! (tm!)


This has been Fun with Out of Context Artwork! (tm!)

Anyhoo, there's a fight with the Vulture that pretty much goes how every Spidey/Vulture fight goes, Spider-Man fights the Inhumans and then we meet Brother Power and Sister Sun:


Threaten and assault people into believing!  That's how religion works!

I was a little disappointed that there was no connection between this Brother Power and this guy:


Anyway, things lead to this:


I want it noted I'm not making a single political joke here.  Not one.

And yeah, that's Razorback there.  He apparently doesn't care about his secret identity since he shouts his real name out in combat.

And then Thor fights cosmic-powered hillbillies:


Hmmmm.... that last one may have been an ad.  Bamboozled again!

And somewhere along the line, we saw this kid have an existential crisis:


You know, I would have just bleeped over it had the kid not been so dang earnest about it.  Why must one smell like chopped liver?  WHY?  WHAT LED THIS MAN TO SUCH A LOWLY STATE?

Eh, I thought it was funny.

See you soon!

No comments: