Friday, August 22, 2014

In Which Superman Gets Told Off by His Own Cover Narration

I think we're going to get some old Batman stuff starting next week, so look forward to that.  What do you think?  Too much DC stuff?  Are there any series I should be taking a look at?  Shoot a request my way in the comments!


Okay, this is an awesome cover that belongs in the Cover Hall of Fame (tm!).  But, if you can get past the sheer awesomeness of it, check out the blurb:


First?  This is why blurbs shouldn't be on comics.  We should be able to just enjoy the beauty of a photo without a lot of chitchat.

That being said, "Wipe that smile off your face, Superman!" is bloody hilarious.  I don't know who is supposed to be saying it, but it's just great.  That's about as ham-handed an attempt at reconciling cover art with the story inside as any I can recall.  Freakin' brilliant.

Well, here was a product that caught my attention:


Oh, I don't think it's going to liven up a party at all if your guests see your Raquel Welch "Pillow."  They'll probably just be hanging onto their coats rather than laying them on your bed.

Hey!  Here's a CMNS Moment... of Comic Book Greatness (tm!), courtesy of Action Comics #415:


This has been a CMNS Moment... of Comic Book Greatness! (tm!)

See you Monday!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a folder with that Superman cover on it! It's a delight.

Adam Barnett said...

I love it, Hannah! It's one of the best Superman covers ever! If they took the writing off of it, it would made a great poster.