Thursday, September 12, 2013

GAH! Part 2!

Okay, once could be a fluke, but a second time (courtesy of Phantom Lady #13) makes me wonder just what the heck they were thinking back in the day.


Yeah, you see where I'm going with this.  But it's got a few things the other one didn't, so it's worth a looksee:


"A healthy outlet for his 'boyish' enthusiasm."  Well, for starters, I have yet to find a healthy outlet for "boyish enthusiasm."  It's just one of those necessary evils that really serves no purpose other than to get it over with, much like a geometry class.  But I find it funny that actively pretending to shoot people was a "healthy" outlet, while playing a video game manipulating a character into doing the same thing is turning our kids into homicidal maniacs.

And what's with all the eyes "popping"?


So, your kid's eyes pop, all the other kids' eyes pop... that's a lot of eye-popping.  And I'm not sure the neighbors will be at all happy with you causing their child's eyes to pop.  And frankly, if you use this thing as suggested and trick your kids into "sticking 'em up"... well, here in Oklahoma that's still First Degree Robbery, so I'd suggest you talk to an attorney before you let little Thaddeus go around "sticking up" his friends.


Oh, yeah.  A kid running around with something that looks like a military weapon.  What could possibly go wrong?  Well, according to this dramatic representation, absolutely nothing but good can come of this:





What do you mean, you don't know where Secret Agent X-28's apartment is?  Hmmmm... maybe I should have just given you the address, instead of telling you my father is a secret agent.



Yes, allowing your child to run around with a realistic-looking fake weapon could save countless lives and preserve national security.  You're practically a communist if you don't buy him this thing.

Meanwhile, don't let your child play video games.  That's a disaster waiting to happen.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

Uhm, I like your stuff, always have, but I REALLY hope that you are being ironic, sarcastic or just trying to be funny when you say that video games are " turning our kids into homicidal maniacs". Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't want to get into am argument or long drawn out discussion about it, but yeah.

Aaron Carine said...

I think Adam was talking about the belief of others that violent video games are turning kids violent.

Adam Barnett said...

Yeah, I was actually talking about the absurdity of thinking video games turn children into violent people. I've been a gamer since the original Pong came out in the 70's.