Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When Superhero Comics Fell Wednesday!

From Avengers v1 #255:


I am the Black Knight, and I remain inappropriately stiff when everyone else is clearly trying to relax! As a result, I am often not invited to social functions....
___________________________________

From World's Finest #69:


Wow. I get to watch Superman do math? Such a magical thing comics are...

And since superhero comics became so crummy, this paved the way for war and western comics. Let this be a lesson to all of us:


I really don't understand why Hopalong Cassidy was a film star. Frankly, he looks a little doughy and long in the tooth to be a tough guy. I imagine he became a Hollywood cowboy because the real cowboys made him muck the stalls.

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superman finally comes up with mathematical proof WHY the "Quest for peace" sucked so badly -- variable "FILM_BUDGET=10 cents"

FoldedSoup said...

I love those "just sittin' around" panels.

Zocktastic said...

W-why is everyone... in the first panel... l-looking at me?! GAAAAAAH!!

Dave said...

The best part of that Super-Math panel is the question mark coming from the airplane.

Aaron Carine said...

If Superman has super intelligence,how come Batman is always able to outwit him?