Monday, October 22, 2012

Red Rocket Underwear is MY Million-Dollar Idea! I Call It!

Holy jumpin' heck, we had over 350 visitors on Wednesday!  Where the heck are you people coming from?    Eh, it doesn't matter... there's room for you all, if some of you will scootch over a bit.

I'm not a big fan of sci-fi.  It's easy for non-nerdlingers to assume that a fan of one will be a fan of the other, but my appreciation for sci-fi is very limited.  So this may be the greatest comic ever for all I know.

Let's take a look, shall we?


Inter-galactic fight protocol dictates that you pilot your ship shirtless.


Yeah, you can't be giving the aliens on another planet your real name.  They might ... well... come to think of it, who cares if aliens have your real name?  What are they going to do, open up a debit card on Galycon-6?

And "The Rocket" is a very awkward name to choose for yourself.  I'm just saying.


That, my friends, is a man who is desperate for a date.  


I'm starting to see why he had to go to another solar system to get a woman.  Our boy has no game.


Annnnnnddd... he's just established a precedent that will never be broken.  Welcome to Whippedville, The Rocket.  Population: You.

I can't take this.  We need some more Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):


Make it a double:


Okay... let's try reading the story again...


GAH!  This is awful.

I forgot to mention this, but the Queen of Diamonds is supposedly the offspring of another white guy who visited the planet before.  I note that every female on the planet is a white chick, so I'm not sure if they're all related.  But that's the deal with that.


Yeah, a guy in his tighties with a knife is a pretty terrifying figure.  I'll give him that.


But note that all of those titles still place him subservient to the Queen.  She'll be keeping his nards in the Royal Nard Safe of Diamonds henceforth.

Man... it gives me lots to work with, so I'm obliged to love it.  But ugh, this is terrible.

I did a quick check, and while there have been other characters by that name, I believe this is the one and only appearance of this particular "Queen of Diamonds."  Oh,  The Rocket... you never found your shirt.

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Britt Reid said...

Rocket took over top billing on the strip and it continued as "Rocket and the Queen of Diamonds" until Pep Comics #12.
He never found a shirt.

MarvelX42 said...

From the ragged material on his left arm it looks like he may have been wearing something before the crash. But if you crash a spaceship and the front windshield is so weak that you are thrown through it, I think you got ripped off at the spaceship lot.

Yael said...

Hey, if a guy wants to play Queen and Slave, that's his kink, yaknow? Personally, BDSM ain't my thing, but if as long as it's all safe, sane and consensual, let people have their fun.

Yael said...

...Of course, one might question how sane it all might be, judging by the panels we've seen here. But that's another issue.
[Heh, get it? Issue. Because it's a comic. I'm so clever!]

SallyP said...

May I call you "The"?