Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This Must Be One of Them Smoke Screens I've Heard So Much About!

Continuing All-Flash Quarterly #6 , we have the first ever multi-panel Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):


This next one doesn't have any double meaning (unless you just find something perverse in everything), but it was pretty dang funny:


That's a meme in the making somehow.  I'm not sure how, but it's going to take off.  Maybe not in my lifetime, but just remember, you read it here first.

Hey!  It's time for more Fun with Out of Context Dialogue!(tm)!:


That will make you a hit with the ladies.

Anyway, back to the story.  You may recall that Winky, Blinky and Noddy had somehow (AND I'M NOT ASKING YOU TO EXPLAIN IT AGAIN, GARDNER FOX!) developed a machine that caused people to exchange personalities.  Here we see that the Flash managed to switch personalities with all three of the guys at once:


This is presumably because they barely had one brain between them, which was actually rather clever.  And the look on Jay's face right there makes this well worth your dime.

Speaking of which, check out the Flash button they gave you for free.  FREE!


WANT.

All you had to do was fill out this handy coupon.  Of course, that meant destroying your copy of a Golden Age comic that would result in a net loss of thousands of dollars, but they didn't think in those terms back in the day:


Now for me, with the exception of the "Roy's Revenge" story, I would prefer the four individual tale format rather than the one book-length feature, but that's just me.  As to the "Three Dim-wits," . . . well, they do give some much needed comic relief, and there's only so many times you can watch Jay rescue Joan, so I'm hoping the readers went for it.

There are actually come pretty decent replicas of the button you can get for a couple of bucks online, but I'd want the real deal.  There's only so much room on Adam's shelves.  Here is what I believe to be a shot of the original issue:


Again... WANT!

See you tomorrow!


6 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

The picture of the button isn't any bigger than the thumbnail. I hate it when that happens.

Anyways those guys remind of the The Enforcers, or rather The Enforcers remind me of those guys being that these guys predate those guys by quite abit.

Adam Barnett said...

That didn't occur to me, but the ARE very similar to the original Enforcers, aren't they?

MarvelX42 said...

"Indeed." Also that is what I am here for Adam, to think of things that hadn't occurred to you. Now about that raise we talked about....

Aaron Carine said...


Happy Halloween!

Roygbiv666 said...

Wait - did every entry get a thousand copies of the next issue, or were there a thousand to be given out in total, or was that a grand prize?

Adam Barnett said...

That's a good question, Roy. They *do* make it sound like you're going to get a thousand copies of the next issue. I haven't read it yet, but it better be good...